Sunday 4 December 2011

What is the true state of affairs II

Before I make a fool of myself and say funny things. I am trying to have a clear picture of the advancements back home. I need someone to educate me on this project .
Yesterday I spoke with a friend on the phone,the friend said they will reply to my email after going to the cyber cafe to send an email. So let me respectfully ask(If it is safe to do so).What is the status of the e-library?

  • How many computers does this Library have.?
  • Does it have a WiFi Hotspot for those who do not care to use the Libraries computers?
  • Can someone receive fax from these libraries and send?
  • Does it have sponsors like the World Bank etc?
  • Do we have community sponsored showcases in the library like "How to become proficient in Powerpoint etc etc
  • What is the state of Broadband in Akwa Abasi Ibom State?


Can someone educate me on these things because nobody in this day and age should ever pay for email or internet access in public only in private.

OK let me go this way, if I get into my car and drive in 2 minutes there is a car wash. It has a WiFi Hotspot(You can go online with your Laptop while waiting for your car to be washed)
There is also standby four desktop computers for people to use(free) and a Playstation 3 and a xbox for the kids to play with (a lot of screens in my opinion) and a 6 partitioned TV for people to watch multiple channels.

If I continue driving my iphone goes crazy indicating hotspots by the Hospital,Dunkin donuts,Barnes and Noble,Starbucks etc .Finally I arrive at Mesa Community College and its library has 500 computers(free). It is a three story building with 150 computers (Internet ready )per floor.50 computers at a time are connected to a Fax machine,Scanner and Printer. The last 50 computers are in a separate room and are Macs(Apple) for those who use that. It has a hotspot too. The hotspot is so strong that people sit outside the library in good weather on the grass and still surf the internet.
I will stop there because a few miles away is Arizona State University which is something else and the Public library(5 in number within my living radius Mesa,Chandler,Gilbert,Tempe and Phoenix).All with not less than 300 computers(Free) each and hotspots.
I sent someone a zip file and they couldn't open it in Akwa Abasi Ibom State. I sent someone a excel file with several sheets and it could not be opened. Another person talked about "downloading" before playing Youtube !!

What is the e-library like that people are staying paying for Cyber cafe ??????? Please educate me .Thank you
Clayton Udoh
Mesa, Arizona

No comments:

Post a Comment